Monday, 21 July 2014

Review of Pulse by Gail McHugh

The bit on the back…

“Do you know how scary it is to want something so bad you’re willing to change your whole life for it?”

Emily Cooper is ready to risk everything to be with the man who has consumed her thoughts and dreams since the fateful day they met. Unraveling fast, she can only cling to the hope that Gavin Blake still wants her.

Nursing his wounded heart, Gavin has cut himself off from society and retreated into a self-destructive, mind-numbing world. Emily isn’t used to being the strong one, but she’ll have to find the daring and confidence within to fight for their love and bring Gavin back from the edge—even if it means losing herself to their all-consuming, pulse-pounding passion.


This is book number two in Gail McHugh’s Collide series. I was introduced to this series thanks to the girls at The Hot Bed. Enter into my life Gavin Blake – one of the hottest book boyfriends around! You should check out my review of book number 1 and you can get that here.

In this second instalment we revisit Emily and Gavin and pick up where we left off in their lives.
In case you are planning to read Collide I won’t give too much away about the plot of either book but  we pick up seamlessly with the end of Collide – Emily at her rehearsal dinner and Gavin doing a runner to heal his broken heart.

I really enjoyed Collide and I recommend you definitely read it first, if only to fall in love with Gavin Blake sooner. As characters, Emily and Gavin have a really great connection and their relationship is just written gorgeously throughout that first book that I was pretty much heartbroken when it came to the ending.
I had just finished the Beautiful series by Christina Lauren and I really needed some more hot book boyfriend-ness so I downloaded this and started reading it right away, finishing it in one sitting.

Gail writes with the same loving care for each character, their feelings and their relationships with each other. I found myself totally hooked on their story again. This book is filled with intense emotions and some very real and rather frightening situations that the characters find themselves in keeping you on the edge of your seat the whole way through. I felt like my heart had been ripped out at one point and actually shed tears as the storyline took a turn into the unexpected.


I cannot recommend these two books highly enough and I cannot recommend a better book boyfriend to you than Gavin Blake. Buy the books and fall in love with him!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...