Monday, 21 July 2014

Review of Reasonable Doubt by Whitney Garcia

The bit on the back…

My cock has an appetite.

A huge and very particular appetite: Blonde, curvy, and preferably not a fucking liar...(Although, that's a story for another day.)

As a high profile lawyer, I don't have time to waste on relationships, so I fulfill my needs by anonymously chatting and sleeping with women I meet online.

My rules are simple: One dinner. One night. No repeats.

This is only casual sex. Nothing more. Nothing less.

At least it was, until "Alyssa"...

She was supposed to be a 27 year old lawyer, a book hoarder, and completely unattractive. She was supposed to be someone I shared law advice with late at night, someone I could trust with details of my weekly escapades.

But then she came into my firm for an interview--a college-intern interview, and everything fucking changed...

When the Gosling Girls announced their #SexMeUpReadathon I went on the hunt for some more sexy books to add to my collection to read as part of the readathon throughout 21st – 25th July. Reading during a readathon is all well and good but trying to cram all of the books you’d like into those 5 days is always going to be a struggle so I was really pleased to find the two novellas in this series and to find that they had so many 5 star reviews!

The story is all about two main characters, and narrators, Andrew and Alyssa. Andrew is a high flying lawyer, a partner in his firm with an almighty sexual appetite. He spends his nights with women he’s met online satisfying that appetite then he goes home and phones the only women he’s met online that he’s not slept with – Alyssa.

I was drawn to this for three reasons, the price, the length of it and the story line. The story is only 78 pages long which makes it a really quick read – about 45 minutes so if you’re taking part this week it shouldn’t take up too much of your time!

I immediately enjoyed the writing in the story, each chapter is headed with a Law term which made it interesting as each of those chapter titles represented something that happened in the chapter and this added a little something different to the story from a normal romance read.

The relationship between Andrew and Alyssa is supposed to be platonic but it has this rather sexy tension to it full of unfulfilled promise.


The blurb pretty much gives everything away so the story is very predictable but the suspense waiting for it all to blow up is enjoyable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...