Saturday, 2 August 2014

Review of Devoured by Emily Snow

The bit on the back…

Sienna’s dreams lie in California, but when she discovers her grandmother’s Nashville home has been foreclosed, she has no other choice than to move back to Music City, where she comes face-to-face with the flawed, gorgeous man she never thought she’d see again—and who now holds the deed to her grandma’s estate.

Millionaire rock star Lucas Wolfe is just as surprised to find the outspoken redhead glaring at him from across a courtroom. He still can’t get the night Sienna spent with him out of his mind, and the chemistry between them is as undeniable as ever. Now, Lucas is determined to do whatever it takes to lure Sienna into his bed, so he makes a deal with her: if she spends ten days with him, playing by his rules, he’ll hand over the deed to her grandmother’s home.

Though she agrees to the arrangement for her family’s sake, Sienna struggles with the promises she’s made to herself and a past that still haunts her. As Lucas’s game of seduction continues and Sienna is introduced to his dark, erotic world, she realizes that at any moment, she could be devoured.


This is the first book by Emily Snow that I’ve read and is the first in her eponymous Devoured series. I came across this book on twitter when I saw my friend Kirsty (@loveofagoodbook) was reading it. It was £5.99 which I felt was quite steep for a kindle book and while I did really enjoy the book I don’t like paying more than about £4 for kindle books!

The story is all about main character and narrator Sienna. Sienna has had to return home to try and save her grandmother’s home. When she thinks thing couldn’t get worse it turns out it’s an old flame that’s trying to evict her grandmother from their family home.

I was really intrigued by the cover art on this novel. I love my book boyfriends to have sexy tattoos and to be musicians so when I read the blurb I knew that I would enjoy the book. The two characters engage in a sort of contract – Sienna will work for Lucas for ten days and in return he will give back the deeds to her grandmother’s house. I think the story line is probably pretty predictable looking back after reading the story. However, that’s not to the detriment of the story overall.

Sienna’s character was in no way a push over. I loved how feisty she was and how determined she was to save her family home. Although the whole story centres around the chemistry and undeniable pull between the characters Sienna does put up a good fight for as long as can be expected.

Lucas epitomises the hot book boyfriend. He’s tattooed and gorgeous, a musician, cocky and a little bit of a kink. At the beginning of the book you find out a little about what happened when Lucas and Sienna were together before and that sets a tone throughout the story, sparking their initial chemistry. It tells the story of Lucas enjoying his sexual partners to be submissive but Sienna is the exact opposite and I think she manages to encourage a healthy balance to suit both of their needs in the story. He also has some interesting moves with a guitar pick.


The story is quite fast paced and I read it in a couple of hours. I will definitely be having a look at the rest of the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...