Sunday, 21 September 2014

Beauty Tag - What's In My Make Up Bag

It's been on my mind recently about starting to introduce some new posts to my blog and with the return of The Great British Bake Off, I started a series of baking challenge posts which you can check out on my Baking page! I also thought I might enjoy writing some beauty related blog posts. I enjoy using make up and trying different things out but I thought I'd kick off with a starter post - a What's In My Make Up Bag blog tag.

I have three make up bags! I have my everyday bag that has everything I would usually turn to when even putting on basic make up, my sometimes bag which sits beside my everyday bag and has more variations on colour of lip glosses, eye liners, eye shadows and all manner of other girly products, particularly kirbies and hair bands - even though I can never find one when I need it! The third bag that I have is my very occasional bag and it's full of mostly eye shadow palettes that I've had for years but seldom use any more. I'm prone to having a poke through it every couple of month's if I'm looking for something specific though so it sits a few shelves below my other bags!

Here is my everyday make up bag and contents!



Inside my L'Occitaine bag which came as part of a gift set at Christmas is -

Face

Superdrug Vitamin E Radiance Moisture Cream £2.99 - I picked this up a while ago and now use it everytime I apply make up. I use it as a moisturiser/primer before applying foundation. It's great for dry skin and although I have quite oily skin it is prone to feeling dry and tight. It has light reflecting pigments, which even though it sounds like you'll look like Edward Cullen in the sun, gives a slight shimmer as opposed to a glittery finish. It is SPF15 which is great especially on holiday and if only using a powder.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory 320 £6.99 - This was a recent purchase and is now an essential. I've never really found a concealer that I've liked before and that's blended well with my skin tone but this is perfect for me. The product is compact and is a twist bottom which automatically applies the concealer to the brush at the top. I usually use this above and immediately below my eyebrows, on the bridge of my nose where my glasses are usually perched, in and around the contours of my nose and dot it on any blemish or problem areas. I usually blend it with my foundation brush but find it just as easy with fingers or a sponge.

Estee Lauder Double Wear in 1N2 Ecru £29.50 - My sister introduced me to this product when we were in Florida where the price was $26 for 30ml. Here it's £29.50 for the same so safe to say we got a bargain. I tried a few of the tones before settling on this one. I usually go for anything that has ivory in it as this tends to go well with my pale Scottish skin but the ecru has a slightly more pinkish tone to it than the more yellowey ivory. I used to use a Rimmel foundation but I absolutely love this Double Wear (even though I always call it Double Face) and love the even coverage that it gives me to then work with. I find it easy to use and it doesn't increase the oily feeling of my skin. It's long lasting and the level of coverage is kept up throughout the day.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 005 Silky Beige £3.99 - I've been using this for years. My sister uses it, my best friend uses it and really I don't know what I'd do without it. I use it straight onto my primer if I'm not applying full foundation or on top of foundation as a setting powder and to reduce any shine in my t-zone. I like the application and the light coverage that it gives.



Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer in Light Bronze - Although this is in my everyday bag I don't use it too often. When I do use it it's for contouring brushing tear drop shapes underneath my cheekbones. I bought this in Florida in the summer - doesn't look like you can buy it here!

Body Shop Baked To Last Blusher in 02 Coral £12.00 - I am a creature of habit and I've had this blusher for a while too. Before I switched to this one, I used a Virgin Vie blusher for ages before it was discontinued :( sad face. Anyway This is a great blusher. It's sort of a two in one as it can be a blusher & highlighter or if you sweep the brush across both you can have the combo blusher. I really like the pigment in this and it lasts quite well.


Eyes

I don't carry around my eye palettes in my everyday bag because it's so tiny. I love the Urban Decay Naked palettes and I bought new Smashbox and Mac ones recently.

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion £8.00 - I've been using this for a while too and I love it. The cream is a natural colour which blends well into your eyelids priming them for eye shadow.

Bourjois Liner Feutre in 11 Noir £6.99 - I LOVE THIS EYELINER! Seriously thought I do love it, it completes almost every single look I wear and I find it really easy to use and create a flick. It's a narrow felt tip basically and it applies well in one coat. I like that the tip is fine for a finer line allowing you to slightly slant the tip if you are looking for a thicker line. I really recommend this product.

Bourjois Kohl & Contour in 72 Noir Expert £5.49 and Rimmel Special Eyes in 161 Black Magic £2.99 - I really like both of these and use them along my lower lash line instead of the Bourjois Liner Feutre pen. I use them to make sure that my upper lash line is completely covered where the pen doesn't quite cover.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara in 001 Black £7.99 - This is another product I've been using for years. I really like the application wand as it allows you to get right into the corner of the eye which I find really hard to do particularly on my upper lash line. It doesn't clump and gives a natural look.


Lips

CoverGirl Liplicks Smoochies Lip Balm in Smooch - I bought this while I was in America in the summer and I really like the look of it on. I tend to stick to gloss instead of lip stick but this in between balm gives the look of lip stick with the feel of a balm. I do like to add a streak of gloss over the top and I usually use...

YSL Gloss Volupte in 101 Iridescent £21.00 - I like a lot of things about this gloss! The colour, the feel of it on and the smell too. I usually apply it above the CoverGirl Lip Balm to give it a bit of a slicker look.

Estee Lauder Pure Colour Crystal Gloss in 312 Honey Glaze £14.00  - This is another one that I've had in my make up bag for a while and was actually a recommendation from a friend. I love the look of this on my lips, it's sort of a neutral colour when applied but it does shimmer.










1 comment:

  1. I'd love you to do a eyeliner tip feature (with pictures) I'd love to do but seriously struggle with the technique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...