Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Blog Tour Stop!! Review of A Seductive Melody (Kelly Brothers, 5) by Crista McHugh

The bit on the back…

She has the scoop of a lifetime, but only if she betrays his trust…

Ethan Kelly lost his best friend and bandmate to an overdose, but staying clean is proving harder than he thought it would be. His only safety net during his first weeks of sobriety is fellow recovering addict, Becca. As she guides him through the darkness, he begins to trust her not only with his secrets, but also his heart.

After years of trying to be the daughter her socialite parents wanted her to be (and failing miserably), Rebecca Shore finally has her life on track. Sure, she’s just an assistant at Moderne magazine when she’d rather be pursuing more serious journalism, but it’s a foot in the door. She’s just waiting for the scoop of a lifetime that will take her to the next level. But when she’s asked to help the reclusive and enigmatic rock star, her heart is torn between the career she’s always wanted and the man who bares his soul to her.


Firstly, thank you to Crista and Lisa from Tasty Book Tours for allowing me to be part of the tour for this book. I’ve been part of the tours for the other books and after book 4 I was already anticipating A Seductive Melody.

This is the 5th book in Crista’s Kelly Brothers series and is all about gorgeous rock star Ethan Kelly. Ethan’s world has just been rocked by the tragic death of his best friend and band mate and he finds his own road becoming rocky. In a bid to get back on the straight and narrow he starts trying to pull himself together and in doing so meets Rebecca Shore.

As I said I was already anticipating this book and I’m so glad to have been able to take part with this post today! In the books that have came so far in the series we have always heard a little bit from the other Kelly brothers while the main character’s story was told. In book 4, The Heart’s Game, we were given a glimpse into the situation that Ethan is in with his best friend dying and we kind of know what’s going to be going on starting this story.

I kind of thought that Ethan was going to be my favourite brother so far because there is a lot about him that appeals to me when I’m falling for a book boyfriend! I love the tattoos and the whole music side of his personality and I love that under his bad boy image he is just as good a guy as the rest of his brothers. I would say he has the most likeness to his brother Caleb.

Becca is a strong character and is a good match for Ethan. Although she wasn’t always so strong her life experience has moulded her into the girl that she is. I loved that unlike a lot of supporting characters she actually has struggled with the same things as Ethan and I loved how she was able to help him sort through his feelings and cravings.


The story is fast pace from beginning to end. It was a real page turner for me and I had it finished within an hour so definitely an ideal weekend read! This is my favourite of the series so far, five stars! 

Crista is giving away a $20 Amazon or B&N card! Enter here!




About the Author



Crista McHugh is a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY BESTSELLING author of fantasy and romance with heroines who are smart, sexy, and anything but ordinary. She currently lives in the Audi-filled suburbs of Seattle with her husband and two children, maintaining her alter ego of mild-mannered physician by day while she continues to pursue writing on nights and weekends.





Author Links

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...