Monday, 29 September 2014

Review - Herbal Essences Clearly Naked Volume

I am a stickler for using the same shampoo and the reason for that is when I was about 15 my hair started to change and almost decided by itself that it stopped liking the shampoo and conditioner I was using. I found that using a cream shampoo as opposed to a gel shampoo would leave my hair feeling matt like, dull and it just felt like no matter how much I would rinse it, there was always a build up of shampoo in my hair. This has never happened before but I think it must have been down to my hormones.

Since then I have stuck rigidly to gel shampoos and my current shampoo is Herbal Essences Uplifting Volume. Right now I have quite long hair and I'm in an unfortunate cycle of having to wash it every day finding that I don't have the perseverance to try and train it otherwise. I feel the benefits of a volume shampoo as it keeps my hair looking fuller for longer.

With all of that said everything goes to absolute pot when I go on holiday. I don't know if it's something to do with the change in the water or what it is but I find that I can't use my regular shampoo when I'm away. Usually I switch it up and use Aussie, mainly because I really love the packaging and scent of the shampoo but this year the new Herbal Essences Clearly Naked collection was already on the market in the US.


In the spirit of trying to keep with the same shampoo I thought I'd try it and I loved it. Now Herbal have brought out their Clearly Naked range here and today I bought myself a bottle of both the shampoo and conditioner. Two of the things I most love about this range is the volume element I really look for in a shampoo and the smell. It is so fresh! The white grapefruit and mint extracts give off a lovely, fresh scent during and after the wash and it lasts all day. I love that the range is promoted as 0% and is basically stripped right back. I think this helped to keep my hair fresh on holiday and combated the chemicals from the pool and the change in the water.

The packaging and colours resonate with the Clearly Naked brand and that really appealed to me too. There is also a Moisture and Shine collection if you've already got that volume going on!

This month's Cosmopolitan has a freebie tester of both it you like to try before you buy. Boots have an offer just now for 3 for 2. There are three products in the range, the third is a dry shampoo but the shampoo and conditioner are £3.99 each. Asda had both for £2 so definitely a better deal to be had there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...