Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Review of Unravel Me by Lynn Montagano

The bit on the back…

Lia's meant to be on cloud nine: ever since she and Alastair finally confessed their love for one another, their relationship has never been so good.

Her British-born Adonis is all intent on sweeping her off her feet, showering her with gifts and affection more than worthy of the girlfriend of an international, millionaire businessman!

But their past seems to be intent on dragging the both of them down, and the hushed gossip of a dark secret begins to cause havoc to Lia's life...

With an ocean separating her from her love, Lia can't help but wonder if she can ever feel secure with a man who still plays everything so close to his chest, including her.


Firstly thank you to Harper Impulse for approving me for a review copy of this from NetGalley. This is the second book in Lynn Montagano’s debut series. I read the first book Catch My Breath when I was on holiday this year and I really liked the characters and the setting of the story so I was definitely looking forward to the next book in the series.

In Unravel Me we rejoin Lia an Alastair at a new stage in their relationship and after finally admitting their feelings in Catch My Breath it seems like all is going to go swimmingly for the characters until Lia’s persistent past keeps poking his head into her present.

One of the things I loved about the first story was the setting as it is set in two main locations – Glasgow and Orlando. I live near Glasgow and I’m always interested to read a story set somewhere near me as I’m never sure if I will find it weird or not! The second city is Orlando which is one of my absolute FAVOURITE places on the planet. I absolutely love Orlando and I love that even though it’s not a popular story setting it was so great to read more about it in a different context.

Lia and Alastair’s relationship was romantic and the chemistry just zinged between them. That carries over into this story too, especially now that the characters have admitted their feelings to each other. Their relationship has stepped up a gear and that original chemistry that they had has only intensified. Alastair is a really protective guy and although he wants to protect Lia from her ex he also tries to protect her from his past which is something that haunted their relationship in the first book.


The story continues at the same fast pace and although you are swept up in the romance between Lia and Alastair, Nathan Lia’s ex brings a darker side to the story by trying to disrupt the couple’s happy relationship. Nathan is slippery and everything you would expect from an ex who just couldn’t let it go. He part in the story always felt a bit sinister even though he tried to convince Lia he was doing everything in her best interests.

This is another page turner and I finished it over a couple of sittings. I will definitely be reading more from this author in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...