Sunday, 19 October 2014

Review of From Scotland With Love by Katie Fforde

The bit on the back…

When Daisy travels to Scotland to confront notorious author Rory McAllan, little does she know that within hours she'll be snowed in with him. But surely she's not going to have to spend her precious New Year's Eve with him too?

Put the champagne on ice, get the fireworks ready and step into the wonderfully warm, witty and romantic world of Katie Fforde.





Firstly thank you to Cornerstone Digital (Random House) for approving me for a review copy of this book! I’ve had it on my TBR for quite a while however now that Christmas is starting to roll back around I made the time to read it!

This story is all about MC Daisy who finds herself in a sticky situation at work that leads to an even stickier situation in Scotland.

This book is set in Scotland, up North where the world stands still when it snows and trust me I can verify that fact 100% being Scottish myself! I loved the location for the story and the weather adds to the romance.

Daisy is trying to be the best at her job but despite her attempts it seems she’s better at other things, like cooking and getting brooding, grumpy authors to come out of their shell. I loved how much she contrasted with Rory but I also loved that Rory was 100% the brooding, grumpy Scottish man! In my mind he was incredibly handsome – sort of a Daniel Craig type vibe going on – and I loved that underneath all the grump he was actually a bit of a sweetheart with a gentle soul.


The story is set over New Year and it seems like it’s a new beginning for everyone in the story which I loved – especially great to read near New Year to bring the bells in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...