Thursday, 23 October 2014

Review of Ignited by J Kenner

The bit on the back…

He promised to take me as far as I could go - and I wanted to go to the edge. My whole life has been a cover, a con, a lie. I was raised on the thrill of playing someone I'm not. As a rule, I never let anyone get too close - until Cole August makes it impossible for me to stay away. Cole is tough, sexy, and intensely loyal, yet his secrets are dark and his scars run deep. Not many women can handle his past, or the truth behind his fierce demands. But something about him beckons me - and our desire is a game I must play. I know he's dangerous, that even his touch is trouble, but what is passion without a little risk?


Firstly thank you to Headline Eternal for approving me for a copy of this on NetGalley! I loved the emotive and striking one word title and the flesh cover sealed the deal when I was looking at requesting this book!

I didn’t know at first that this was a series and that this as actually the conclusion to the Most Wanted series by J Kenner however I do feel that it could be read as a standalone as the characters and relationships that have come before this instalment in the series were explained, although not in great detail, but I didn’t find I had missed a big chunk of the story in any way. This story is packed with sex, by the way, with some extremely adult themes being explored so if you’re not into that this won’t be for you.

The entire narrative comes from female MC Katrina Laron’s point of view. Katrina is feisty and independent and is out to get what she wants from life – current mission being Cole August. I really liked Katrina’s spark in this novel and I liked that she was a bit different to your standard submissive MC!

Cole August is described as this gorgeous, tough guy who stands up for what’s right. Both he and Katrina have a whole host of issues in their past and that really bonds them as characters. I liked that Cole tried to stay away from Katrina doing what he thought was best for her, which showed his chivalrous side but I also loved the intense fiery passion he had when he couldn’t help but have her.


I loved the writing, I thought that it was really mature and it felt very well edited. I loved that it Katrina wasn’t an inexperienced young woman as so often MCs are in this type of role and I loved the flow of the story from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend this story as, although there are sex scenes throughout, there is a real love story backing it up. I want to read the rest of the series now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...