Monday, 22 December 2014

Christmas Review! Skating At Somerset House by Nikki Moore

The bit on the back…

There’s nothing Holly Winterlake loves more than Christmas and skating, so working as an Ice Marshall at London's Somerset House is a dream come true.

Noel Summerford hates the festive season and is a disaster on the ice, so taking his godson to Somerset House is his idea of the nightmare before Christmas!

Things are bound to get interesting when these two collide…

With a forty foot Christmas tree, an assortment of well meaning friends and relatives, and a mad chocolate Labrador, will this festive season be one to remember … or forget?


Firstly, thank you to Harper Impulse for approving me for a copy of this via NetGalley. I read Nikki’s Crazy, Undercover, Love in the summer this year and I really enjoyed her writing style so I was looking forward to more from her.  You can check out my review of her novel here.

This is the first in her brand new Love London series and is a short Christmassy read.

There are so many things to like about this series! Firstly the series format itself has been huge this year and after reading a few I’ve really loved being able to have lots of stories with the same cast of characters. Secondly it’s set in London and as I love London it seems particularly suited to me!

This first instalment is set mostly at the ice rink at Somerset House and sees two main characters Noel Summerford who is all anti-Christmas, meeting Holly Winterlake who is so very pro-Christmas.

I loved that this had a dual narrative, especially when it’s such a short story and you need to get inside the characters minds quickly and get on with the story so having that really makes this short story stand out. The characters have an almost serendipitous meeting thanks to Noel’s god-son and thanks to Noel’s lack of skill on the ice they end up very close very quickly! The chemistry is palpable and I loved how intense it seemed to be! I definitely can’t wait to read the rest of this series particularly because I love Nikki’s writing!

New Year At The Ritz is the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...