Monday, 8 December 2014

Christmas Review! A Vintage Christmas by Ali Harris

The bit on the back…

Evie has the perfect job and the perfect man, but keeping both in her life has become a serious balancing act...

With the sales coming to a close at Hardy's, Evie must source new stock for the season ahead. Her mind is constantly buzzing with ideas and layouts, so much so that she is forgetting all about Sam.

Can she learn to keep her work separate from her home life? Or will she lose everything...


I’ve had this on my TBR since last Christmas when I never got around to reading it! This is the first of any of Ali’s work that I’ve read although I have a few of her titles, this included, in my TBR. It’s the novella that follows on from her earlier full length Christmas novel Miracle On Regent Street.

The story follows MC Evie on the run up to Christmas. The story started in July which threw me at first! Although it all made sense in the end! I hadn’t read Miracle On Regent Street but didn’t feel like I’d missed anything because Ali re-introduces you to Evie and her life anyway.

The story, as I said starts in July, and goes with Evie as she plans ahead for the Christmas spectacular at her job in the department store Hardy’s. I loved seeing her plan coming together and coming to fruition. Alongside the storyline of her job is that of her relationship with the gorgeous Sam and how both of their jobs are taking a toll on their life together. I worried for a little bit about the strength of their relationship throughout but this novella has a happy Christmassy ending!


I definitely got swept up in the story and how it felt almost whimsical and fairytale like – especially at the very end! You will love this if you, like me, have a passion for shoes and Christmas! I’m now off to read Miracle On Regent Street to see where Evie’s story started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...