Sunday, 18 January 2015

Last Week I

This week as felt looooooooooong, but now we are back to Sunday night and I'm wishing it was Friday again! This week has been exciting and nerve wracking but I can't talk about what's been going on just yet, so I'll tell you about everything else I've been doing!


(From left to right)

One of my most anticipated books of this year is Hero by Samantha Young. Sam is one of my favourite authors and I LOVE her On Dublin Street series which is set in Edinburgh, not too far from me. Sam is releasing her next novel, a standalone called Hero, in February. When Sam asked me this week if I would like a signed copy I may have gotten a teeensy bit excited and jumped at the chance. Thankfully the postman delivered ( ;) see what I did there?!) and I was able to dive right into the story on Friday night. I've just finished it this afternoon and my review will be live on release day! So a massive thank you to Samantha for sending me a copy!

I am not usually a fan of Big Brother or Celebrity Big Brother however, I am watching this series and boy am I glad! Eye candy model Calum Best has now become every book boyfriend I've ever been in love with (don't worry it'll pass I'll be back to you Ian Somerhalder in a few weeks)! Perez is really doing my head in and I'm actually quite surprised by Katie Hopkins, although she doesn't know what's going on on the outside so she doesn't have and disgusting opinions to voice! 

If you caught my post last week you'll know that one of my goals this year is to get my NetGalley ratio up however I majorly failed this week and requested a bunch of books. I was also invited to view Playing With Fire which is Kat Black's new novel out on the 26th of Feb. I am particularly looking forward to this one because I loved the first book Melting Ms. Frost.

Last year, in September, I had the opportunity to tour with K.A. Tucker's latest novel Burying Water. I jumped at the chance and loved her writing. I've been waiting to read Ten Tiny Breaths for ages and finally started it this week, followed in quick succession by One Tiny Lie and I'm now on Four a Seconds To Lose! Safe to say I am a fan!

Today I got to spend time with my gorgeous nephew Logan. He was out in the snow (I hate snow) and then back inside to make a racket with his daddy's drumsticks!

I signed up to Birchbox at the end of December and I unboxed both the December and January boxes this week. I can't wait to start trying out some of the products. One of my favourites already is this Models Own nail varnish...



Here's to a new week with hopefully some more exciting things going on for me! 

If you have a recap post/feature please share the links in the comments so I can have a nosey at what you've been up to and check out Kirsty's "Last Week I" over at www.tinybabysocks.blogspot.co.uk

Have a great week! Erin xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...