Monday, 5 January 2015

New Year, New Year



Happy New Year! I can hardly believe that we are already at the start of 2015. Does anyone else feel like 2014 has literally flown past? I definitely has for me in a whirlwind of books, spending time with my family, my bestie and her new baby and hopping off to Florida for 3 weeks!

Last year I set myself a challenge of reading over 150 books which I smashed and I've sent myself the same target this year. The reason I decided to set myself the same challenge is because this year I also pledge to remember that I'm blogging because it's supposed to be a fun side line that opens up this entire book community to me and not, like it felt at some points throughout last year, a job - I certainly don't get paid for it!

There were a lot of great things that happened last year, along with some not so great ones but I'm hoping that this year is going to be great. One thing I am going to try out this year is crying less. I am such a cry baby. I can literally cry at anything but this year I will be stronger! Have you set yourself any resolutions?

Last year I was totally hooked on The Vampire Diaries. This year, while I'll still be hooked on Ian Somerhalder, I'll be working my way through Lost and this will be the year that I finally watch Sons of Anarchy! You can check out my top ten books of 2014 here, and this year in bookish terms my main goal is to catch up with my NetGalley shelf and with all the book post that I have as outstanding to read right now!

I started to branch out a bit blog-wise last year with the addition of some baking and beauty posts. That's something I'm hoping to continue this year with more dedicated posts. Over the next few days you'll be able to see my Christmas beauty and baking hauls. I'm looking forward to making this a more fundamental part of my blog and to meeting more of the beauty bloggers that are out there!

I wish everyone all of the very best for 2015 and hope that it is full of health and happiness for you all, and lots of books too of course!


Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...