Monday, 19 January 2015

Review of The Affair Week 8 by Beth Kery

The bit on the back…

Upon her return to the Breakers, Emma makes a bracing decision - her affair with Montand will end, but only to make way for a deeper relationship with the man she loves. But Montand's aunt Vera has plans, too. Vindictive, obsessive, and unsettlingly territorial, Vera insists that Emma leave the Breakers and never look back. And she has the weapon to make it happen: a final secret about Montand that even he doesn't know, one with such devastating implications that it would surely destroy him and ruin any chance of happiness he might have hoped for with Emma.

Loathe to plunge Montand into despair, Emma decides to heed Vera's warning. But as Emma first learned when she arrived at the Breakers eight weeks ago, Montand's family promised many surprises. And there is one more to come that could change everything.


Once again thank you to Headline Eternal for approving me for a copy of this via NetGalley.

Ah! The final instalment in this whirlwind romance! I have really enjoyed this little series and I really hope it all gets put together into one novel because I think it’s definitely one that I will be re-reading!

The holiday is over and the return home hits both characters with a bit of a bump. Being back in Chicago is like the equivalent of the bubble bursting and reality starts to set back in – along with a meddling housekeeper!

I was not anticipating week 8 taking the turn that it did and it really threw me for a loop! One thing that is completely evident though is how deeply both characters feel for one another and I love a happy ending so I was really rooting for them to come to their senses by the end of their affair!


This series has had me hooked but I also have found a new author whose writing style I love! I will definitely be looking out for more from Beth from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...