Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Review of Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover

The bit on the back…

Colleen Hoover, the New York Times bestselling author of Maybe Someday, brilliantly brings to life the story of the wonderfully hilarious and charismatic Warren in a new novella, Maybe Not.

When Warren has the opportunity to live with a female roommate, he instantly agrees. It could be an exciting change.

Or maybe not.

Especially when that roommate is the cold and seemingly calculating Bridgette. Tensions run high and tempers flare as the two can hardly stand to be in the same room together. But Warren has a theory about Bridgette: anyone who can hate with that much passion should also have the capability to love with that much passion. And he wants to be the one to test this theory.

Will Bridgette find it in herself to warm her heart to Warren and finally learn to love?

Maybe.

Maybe not.


I bought this just a few days before reading it as I really couldn’t wait to start it.

This short novella is like a prequel to Colleen’s full length novel Maybe Someday. It takes place mostly before Sydney moves into Ridge’s apartment and is all about the two cameo characters Warren and Bridgette.

It took me a few minutes to get my bearings again when I was reading this. That’s partly because when I was reading Maybe Someday I was so wrapped up in Sydney and Ridge’s story I barely noticed Warren and also due to my still on-going Miles Archer fascination.

What I could remember of Warren, was that he was a bit cheeky and outgoing but also a really great friend for Ridge. This novella is all from his POV and you can see those personality traits really coming through. I remembered Bridgette as explosive and angry but experiencing her through Warren’s eyes means you also get a glimpse of the hurt she’s suffered, her insecurity and the reasons behind her anger.

Although the story is only short it takes place over a number of weeks allowing the story between the characters to develop in a natural way.


I loved when Bridgette and Warren’s story started to align itself with Sydney and Ridge’s and seeing it from a different perspective. I definitely recommend this if you’ve read Maybe Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...