Thursday, 19 February 2015

Blog Tour: Author Interivew with Ameila Thorne

Firstly, thank you to Amelia for allowing me to be part of the tour for her new book Tied Up With Love. Today Amelia has joined me for her first interview with Erin's Choice to chat about her new book and some other random stuff!

Hi Amelia!

Welcome to Erin’s Choice! This is your first interview with me on the blog, are you excited?!
Sooooooo excited.

You’re new book has just been released. Can you tell us about Tied Up With Love?
It’s about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but finding out that wrong place is exactly where you're supposed to be.

The cover is gorgeous. Did you have input?
Not really, it’s always a wonderful surprise when it appears in your inbox as you have no idea which direction the designers have taken it. There were a few tiny tweaks but mostly the cover is exactly as the designers created it.

The story is set in Greater Chessingburyford. Where did you draw inspiration from for the fictional town?
It’s not inspired by any place; I just wanted to have a bit of long silly name. The winter market Ethan and Izzy go to was very roughly based on Winter Wonderland in London.

At first Ethan is a bit of a grump buy Izzy’s charming ways bring him round. Who would you cast to play Ethan and Izzy?
Oooh that’s a hard one. It has to be someone big and muscular for Ethan, but also sweet too so Joe Manganiello or Eric Bana. For Izzy someone dark haired, light eyes, very cute and with a vulnerability, so Zooey Deschanel or Alexis Bledel.

In the story Ethan runs his own business called “Kidnap My Wife”. How did this idea come about?
I saw a similar service on a documentary, where a couple arranged for the wife to be kidnapped for the sole purposes of adding spice to their sex life and I was intrigued with this, that people actually did this sort of thing. But the thought did occur to me that the company would have to be really careful not to kidnap the wrong person and in the case of Izzy, she was unfortunately at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ethan and Izzy sort of get off on the wrong foot but they certainly have chemistry. How did you make sure you wrote that into their characters?
I love books where the chemistry is instantaneous between characters, that spark that sizzles between them and something both characters fight against, so actually it was really easy to write that side of things, what I found hard was keeping them apart for so long.

Can you tell us what you’re working on next?
I'm not sure; I have lots of ideas at the moment.

Now for some more fun questions!

Are you a Fifty Shades or a Crossfire fan?
Oooh I dont know, I loved them both, there was something very addictive about Fifty Shades but if I had to choose probably Crossfire because Gideon never hits Eva and that was one of the things I found hardest to read about fifty shades.

What do you like to read when you’re not writing?
Chicklit is pretty much the only genre I like, sweet cute chicklit like Rebecca Raisin and Aven Ellis, funny, silly, lovely chicklit like Lisa Dickenson and sexy chicklit like Sarah Morgan.

Who is your favourite author?
Aven Ellis and Jill Mansell.

What do you get up to when you’re not writing?
Reading, making cakes, swimming, thinking about writing.

If you could be a character from a book you’ve read who would it be?

Oh probably Hermione Granger, I would love to be part of the magical world of Harry Potter or I'd be Kylie in Waiting for Prince Harry so I could kiss and be with Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...