Tuesday, 17 February 2015

February Birchbox Unboxing

Just after Christmas I signed up to two beauty boxes. The first was Pink Parcel and the second was Birchbox. After hunting around online and having a look at the different (because there is a whole load) boxes I decided that Birchbox looked like the one for me. You can visit the website here. This box is £12.95 per month.


The February box comes with love in mind as Valentine's Day was just around the corner from the date I received my box. Inside this month Birchbox wanted to know what "love is..." to me and my answer is spending time watching boxsets with my boyfriend, spending time with my best friend and her 10 month old baby boy and discovering new beauty products of course!

Inside this month...

Vita Coco Coconut Oil (From £10.99)

I am really looking forward to trying this out. It's described as a "does-it-all wonder formula" and going on the list of ways to use this product it looks like it does. Anything from adding it to your morning coffee to using it on your cuticles or on rough/cracked heels. Those uses might seem like extremes but since I don't like coffee I'll be trialing the latter! 


London Butterflies Winter Jasmine & Starflower with Sweet Almond Oil Whipped Body Cream (£37)

I've started using this product already. The packaging is gorgeous, don't you think? I think it would definitely catch my eye on the shelf. Inside the jar of cream is relatively minimal which I think adds an element of sophistication and luxury. Look out for a full review of this product!


theBalm cosmetics Staniac in Beauty Queen (£10)

This is a two in one product. It can be used as a lip and also a cheek stain. The wand look as if it promotes easy application but we shall see!


Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (£45)


Cynthia Rowley Beauty Black Eyeliner (£11)

This liner could have came in either black or silver but fortunately I had the black version in my box. I regularly use black eyeliner in my make up routine and it is a staple in my make up bag. I usually go between Rimmel and Urban Decay liners as I feel like the apply well and tend to last out the day or night. Getting this product is a real winner for me this month and I can't wait to start using it!


Have you signed up to a beauty box or did you get something slightly different in your Birchbox? Let me know!



If you're not sure this is for you here are some things to love about Birchbox -
  • Some samples are full size
  • At only £12.95 per month it means that even on a limited budget like I am you can afford to sample new beauty products (there are subscription packages available)
  • When you sign up you fill in your beauty profile which can determine the products you receive!
  • Some months you are given the chance to choose which product you want to see in your box from a range i.e. from a range of mascaras
  • Some boxes are special packaging depending on the contents so you might want to keep and re-use your beauty box for something else!
  • Earn reward points and shop online with Birchbox



Inside my December Box...
Inside my January Box...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...