Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Midweek Manicure

This is my first Midweek Manicure post of the New Year but actually feature the nails I had on New Year's Eve!

This is a regular feature over on my lovely friend Emsypickle's blog. You can check her blog out here and check out her Harry Potter themed Midweek Manicure here!

You might be asking yourself why I'm posting a Midweek Manicure of my New Year's Eve nail polish when we are in February but there is a simple explanation! I've basically lost track of time! How on earth are we in February ALREADY??!?!!? Anyway - exclaiming aside - I present you my NYE Nails! 



I decided to go for a pale pink with a top coat that I was given for Christmas. At first I wasn't sure if I was gonna go all out and use the top coat on all of my nails but instead opted for just the fourth on either hand. The pink polish is Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Rose Hip 416 and the top coat is Bourjois 1 Seconde in 45 Glitterizer.


So the Barry M polish is definitely as expected as far as quality goes. I am pretty crappy at grown my own nails so these are actually Nailene glue on nails. The nails are not a natural colour to begin with they are a semi opaque white plastic however the Rose Hip pink covered over nicely with one coat.



This was my first time using a Bourjois nail polish that I can remember. One thing I really liked about the bottle itself was the length of the neck on the lid. It sits comfortably in your painting hand allowing you to hold it almost as you would a pencil which in turn allows you to apply with more precision even with your non-dominant hand. The brush is thick which meant that a lot of the silver strands could be applied at once. I only applied to the corner of the nail, layering there and extending in fewer layers outwards toward the tip of the nail. As this can act as a top coat and a nail polish it leaves your nail with a high shine coat on top of the glitter.

I love Barry M nail polishes and I use them almost every time I paint my (false) nails. The top coat applied and lasted well which is encouraging when sampling a new polish for the first time but I can definitely see myself using this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...