Friday, 27 March 2015

Beauty Review: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Let me start this review by thanking Birchbox for sending me my chosen Benefit Mascara in my monthly beauty box! I was really looking forward to trying this out.


I don't have any pictures of the actual bottle of mascara or wand as it was only a sample size and doesn't do the actual product a service, in my opinion. So make sure you check it out on the Benefit website by clicking here. I would probably buy this (if I had the money to do so) for just the packaging alone. Its girly, sleek and the wand handle feels pretty retro to me. I can remember my mum putting my gran's rollers in and them looking like the lid!

I am a complete stickler when it comes to mascara which I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before on my blog. My go to mascara is Rimmel's Lash Accelerator and I've been using it for years. There hasn't been a product that I've tried that has swayed me away from it - until now!

I had really high hopes for this product as the hype surrounding it and pre-launch reviews made it sound pretty special. I was not disappointed. The wand is curved and specifically designed to curl your eye lashes which was going to be a benefit for me as I feel like I have pretty rubbish eye lashes to begin with! The other thing I really liked about the curved wand was that it was easy to grab the shorter, finer lashes toward the inner corner of my eye which really completed the look. Here are some before and after shots...



Now I know my eyes look a little goofy staring into the camera screen and that the pictures aren't theeee most professional or well lit or yadda yadda yadda, I could go on, but! they do show the difference in my lashes after two coats. 

This is the first product that I could see myself changing to. I felt two coats achieved the "curl" desired and even looking at these pictures it feels like it's widened my eye too. The mascara has lasting power too as I felt like it lasted me all night when I wore it to a party at the weekend. It's definitely worth the money to achieve this look.

I'd love to know your thoughts on Benefit Roller Lash or any of the other Benefit mascaras - leave me a comment!

Erin xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...