Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Review of First Time In Forever by Sarah Morgan

The bit on the back…

Happily-Ever-After isn’t on Emily Donovan’s agenda…

Emily’s been too swept up in a challenging year of firsts, from becoming a stand-in mum to her niece Lizzy to moving to remote but beautiful Puffin Island, to think about love.

But that’s before charismatic local yacht club owner Ryan Cooper kisses her…

Ryan knows Emily has a complicated past that she’s struggling to face. So he makes it his mission to help her unwind and enjoy the chemistry they share.

Can the welcoming community of Puffin Island work their magic on Emily and get her to take her biggest leap of trust yet —putting her heart in someone else’s hands?


Firstly a massive thank you to Cara at Harlequin for sending me a copy of this gorgeous new book to read and review. Last year I fell head over heels for Sarah’s writing when I read her Snow Crystal trilogy and it wasn’t only her writing that had me hooked it was her men too! When Cara e-mailed me about a brand new series starring three friends and a gorgeous island I was desperate to read it!
This is the first novel in Sarah’s new Puffin Island series and it’s all about main character Emily and her return to the island.

I was so happy to find myself immersed back into Sarah’s writing. Puffin Island is brought to life through Sarah’s description of it and I loved how well I felt I knew the island after reading about it – everything from the harbour master to the ice cream shop!

Emily’s story is tinged with sadness due to the circumstances that bring her back to the island. Fortunately the island feels like a safe haven for Emily and I loved the protective community feel that immediately enveloped her and Lizzy. Emily is on edge and up tight and feeling all round stressed out and that transfers to you as you begin the book making you feel a complete empathy toward her in the beginning. I was so rooting for Emily and for everything to work out for her and Lizzy in the end.

Ryan has been drafted in to look out for Emily while she stays on the island and he is a beautiful although not entirely welome distraction. Ahh I loved him. Seriously! Everything I’ve come to expect from Sarah’s book boyfriends was embodied in Ryan. His own family circumstances set him apart as this really kind and caring guy that is under the surface of his “will avoid marriage and commitment at all costs” exterior. I loved that he just couldn’t help himself but get to know more about Emily and help her in any way he could.

Throughout the book I was anticipating something going wrong with the relationship between Ryan and Emily or something happening to Lizzy but I was kept constantly on my toes as the plot took twists and turns throughout the book. I can definitely recommend this for existing fans of Sarah and for anyone who has yet to read one of her books – I am converted!


I was approved for a review copy of Playing By The Greek’s Rules which is a Puffin Island novella which introduces you to the characters you can expect to see in the novels in the series, make sure you check it out too it’s a short, hot read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...