Monday, 16 March 2015

Review of A Place For Us Pt 4 by Harriett Evans

The bit on the back…

The day Martha Winter decided to tear apart her family began like any other day.

The house has soft, purple wisteria twining around the door. You step inside.

The hall is cool after the hot summer's day. The welcome is kind, and always warm.

Yet something makes you suspect life here can't be as perfect as it seems.

After all, the brightest smile can hide the darkest secret.

But wouldn't you pay any price to have a glorious place like this?

Welcome to Winterfold.

Martha Winter's family is finally coming home.


Firstly thank you to Headline for approving me for a copy of the 4th part in this serialised title via NetGalley. This is the 4th and final part of this novel. You can read my review of the 3 previous parts here –

So far Harriet has introduced us to all the characters in Martha Winterfold’s story and has unveiled some long buried secrets that have massive repercussions for the family. The story is narrated by the characters in turn which allows you to see the story from all aspects and it’s great especially when you’re reading the story in parts. The full length novel is out now and you can check it out on Amazon here.

At the start of this series I was intrigued by the unique stories each of the characters had and also the impact they had on Martha’s story as a whole. I was looking forward to seeing how that was going to work out in the end and now I know! It’s been quite a journey for the characters especially in my opinion for Cat, Bill and Florence.

My favourite character throughout has been Cat. I liked her determination and resilience which seems to come from having an absent mother when she was young. I feel like her story drew me in the most and I felt eager to see her story have a happy ending.


I did feel that for all the other characters too, however I couldn’t see how it was all going to come together. Harriet pulls you into this family’s story and it’s impossible not to feel the tugs on your heart strings as it looks like everything might fall apart. I definitely recommend you read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...