Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Review of Quarterback Draw by Jaci Burton

The bit on the back…

Grant Cassidy knows how to be a football star - Flash that dazzling smile, throw the winning pass, get the girl. But while the hot quarterback loves the game and the lifestyle, no woman has come close to catching his heart. Then he matches wits with a smart, gorgeous model, and Grant finds himself wanting more than a fling.

Supermodel Katrina Koslova might live in a world of glitz and camera flashes, but she works hard to provide for the family that relies on her. She doesn't have time for fun - much less a boyfriend - but Grant seems determined to be the exception to Katrina's rule.

Their explosive chemistry is undeniable, but Katrina's afraid to let go and rely on anyone but herself. Grant intends to ease her fears and prove he's a man of style and substance - a man she can count on.


Firstly thank you to Headline Eternal for sending me a copy of this book to review via Bookbridgr. I’ve read a few sporty romance novels so I was intrigued to see what this was like as it’s an author I’ve never read before and it’s the 9th in a series!

The story is all about main characters Grant Cassidy and Katrina Koslova.

One of the first things that struck me about this book was the dual POV. The narrative opens with Grant talking about a photo shoot he was working with Katrina. If you’ve read any of my reviews before you will know that I LOVE a dual POV. Love them. So the book seemed to start off on a really good note for me. The initial scenes between the characters also hint at the electric chemistry that is buzzing between the characters from their very first meeting. I love the build-up of anticipation in a book so this was another great start for me.

Grant is a top football star, popular and lusted after. His career and reputation automatically lead you to assume that he’s a bit of a player and discards women left, right and centre but actually he is really quite different from the stereotypical sports star. Grant has real family values and has a lot of respect for people. This shows in his conversations with Katrina and the way he pays attention to her brains as well as appreciating her beauty. Grant comes from a big family and I loved how he could relate his story to Katrina’s.

Kat has had a less than prefect life growing up and now she has a family that relies on her to look out for them and provide for them. She’s lacking experience in how to have a good time and doesn’t think she had time for a relationship until she meets Grant. Grant brings out a softer, more laid back version of Katrina and brings her out of her shell a bit so she can learn to enjoy life a little instead of constantly worrying. I felt sorry for Katrina due to her circumstances but also respected her resilience.

I expected the relationship between Grant and Kat to be explosive right from the start but again Grant surprised me by respecting the pace that Katrina wanted to take things at, allowing her to take the lead. Family plays a big part in this story – both Grant and Karina’s – and I really liked the mix of characters that there was.


At times I thought the plot was a bit descriptive but overall I enjoyed the story and would read more from the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...