Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Easter Baking



So on Monday I spend the whoooooooooooole day baking. A couple of the girls at work have been doing Lent and as such they've not been eating any cakes or chocolate and the likes. I promised them that after Lent was over I'd make them some easter goodies with Cadbury Creme Eggs, which, by the way, I had to buy like 2 weeks ago so that I could make sure I'd have the ingredients before everything was sold out. I also decided to make some cupcakes for my family too using Cadbury Mini Eggs.

Ingredients


For the cakes...

6oz (150g) Self-Raising Flour
6oz (150g) Margarine
6oz (150g) Caster Sugar
3 eggs (room temp)
1.5 tbsp Baking Powder

For the icing...

8oz (200g) Icing Sugar
3oz (75g) Unsalted Butter
1tbsp Vanila Essence
a splash of milk

For the decoration...
2 bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs
3 full size Cadbury Flakes

This recipe makes 18 good sized cupcakes.


Method


  1. Pre-heat your oven to 180/190 degrees (I have a fan oven) & prepare 18 cupcake cases
  2. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until you get a smooth, creamy texture.
  3. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases
  4. Cook for 15-18 minutes until golden and the sponge springs back to your touch
  5. Leave to cool
  6. Measure the icing sugar and butter into a mixing bowl and beat until the ingredients come together.
  7. Add the Vanilla Essence and combine. 
  8. Add a little milk at a time while mixing until the icing comes together into a light, creamy texture. 
  9. Spread onto the cool cupcakes
  10. Pour the mini-eggs into a bowl and break the three flake bars onto a plate.
  11. Take a cupcake and tilting it, roll it around the plate coating the edges giving it a nest effect
  12. Add three mini-eggs to finish



I also tried my hand at Creme Egg Cheesecake using this netmums recipe


I found the recipe easy to follow and easy to execute. The hardest part was halving the creme eggs! Make sure you store them in the fridge for a few hours like the recipe suggests!

and... 

This Creme Egg Caramel Shortcake using Kerry Cooks recipe


Again, this recipe is relatively easy to follow. I love making shortbread so trying out a different recipe to my usual one was great experience but for a caramel novice I found the caramel making a bit daunting. It didn't seem to want to cool at all - I even got in touch with Kerry for tips!

Have you been baking anything this easter? I'd love to see your posts so make sure to share them below!

Erin xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...