For the cakes...
6oz (150g) Self-Raising Flour
6oz (150g) Margarine
6oz (150g) Caster Sugar
3 eggs (room temp)
1.5 tbsp Baking Powder
For the icing...
8oz (200g) Icing Sugar
3oz (75g) Unsalted Butter
1tbsp Vanila Essence
a splash of milk
For the decoration...
2 bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs
3 full size Cadbury Flakes
This recipe makes 18 good sized cupcakes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180/190 degrees (I have a fan oven) & prepare 18 cupcake cases
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until you get a smooth, creamy texture.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases
- Cook for 15-18 minutes until golden and the sponge springs back to your touch
- Leave to cool
- Measure the icing sugar and butter into a mixing bowl and beat until the ingredients come together.
- Add the Vanilla Essence and combine.
- Add a little milk at a time while mixing until the icing comes together into a light, creamy texture.
- Spread onto the cool cupcakes
- Pour the mini-eggs into a bowl and break the three flake bars onto a plate.
- Take a cupcake and tilting it, roll it around the plate coating the edges giving it a nest effect
- Add three mini-eggs to finish
I also tried my hand at Creme Egg Cheesecake using this netmums recipe
I found the recipe easy to follow and easy to execute. The hardest part was halving the creme eggs! Make sure you store them in the fridge for a few hours like the recipe suggests!
This Creme Egg Caramel Shortcake using Kerry Cooks recipe
Again, this recipe is relatively easy to follow. I love making shortbread so trying out a different recipe to my usual one was great experience but for a caramel novice I found the caramel making a bit daunting. It didn't seem to want to cool at all - I even got in touch with Kerry for tips!
Have you been baking anything this easter? I'd love to see your posts so make sure to share them below!