Monday, 13 April 2015

Review of The Girls Take Manhattan by Nicola Doherty

The bit on the back…

Join Poppy, Lily, Maggie and Rachel as they jet to New York - and face a big secret in the Big Apple.

When Lily invites the girls to attend a VIP event in Manhattan, they all jump at the chance. Poppy especially is thrilled to escape her impending 30th birthday with a weekend of Cosmos and red carpets. But none of them have any idea what Lily is really planning. Or how a single weekend can turn your life upside-down ... With non-stop fun and flirty frolics, this is a girls' weekend not to be missed.


This is the fifth and final installment in Nicola’s Girls On Tour series. You can buy all the parts of this series later on this month and make sure to check back for an interview with Nicola about the series!

I was really looking forward to reading this. I’ve enjoyed the first four parts in the series and the girls all get together in the fifth book. I’m also massively jealous of the girls hopping of to Manhattan! New York is at the very top of my “Would like to travel to” list so reading about the city through the girls’ eyes was an added bonus for me.

We are back to our first narrator Poppy which was a nice way to round of the series. Poppy puts me in mind of Angela Clarke from Lindsey Kelk’s I Heart series. I love that she’s down to earth and she has a funny sense of humour which really appealed to me.

Each of the girls are dealing with a difficult life decision in this part of the story which they have to face up to while they’re in New York and it made for quick reading to find out what was going to happen.


I have Girls On Tour on pre-order so that I can enjoy these five parts together again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...