Monday, 1 June 2015

Archive Review: Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young

The bit on the back…

Shannon MacLeod has always gone for the wrong type of man. After she drifted from one toxic relationship to the next, her last boyfriend gave her a wake-up call in the worst possible way. With her world shattered, she’s sworn off men—especially those of the bad-boy variety.

Cole Walker is exactly the sort that Shannon wants to avoid—gorgeous, tattooed, charming, and cocky. But his rough exterior hides a good man who’s ready to find “the one.” He’s determined to pull Shannon from her self-imposed solitude to win her heart.

As Shannon opens up in the face of Cole’s steady devotion, the passion between them ignites to blazing levels. But when Shannon’s past comes back to haunt her, her fears may destroy the trust Cole has built between them—and tear them apart for good.…


Firstly, an absolutely massive thank you to Samantha for sending me a copy of this book to review in advance of the release date. I was so excited to open it I’m pretty sure I actually let out a squeal followed by a happy dance! This is the highly anticipated 5th book in the NYT bestselling author’s On Dublin Street series.

The story follows new character to the series Shannon MacLeod as she ups and moves to Edinburgh in search of a do over of her life. Returning to where her grandmother lived is like a home from home but couldn’t be more different from the situation she left. Getting a job with an acclaimed tattoo artist Shannon runs into an old acquaintance, Cole Walker.

I have been looking forward to this book so much that I started it almost as soon as I ripped open the envelope and proceeded to fall completely in love with it. There hasn’t been a book of Sam’s that I’ve read so far that I’ve not enjoyed and that I’ve not thought of as an absolute 5 star read and this was no exception. I LOVED IT. Not even exaggerating, I capital letter LOVED it.

I mentioned that Shannon is the first “new” character we’ve had as the protagonist and I wasn’t sure how this was going to work out with the rest of the On Dublin Street crew but if there is one thing we do know, it’s that their make shift tribe is always growing and welcoming new members.

I loved Shannon straight away. I wanted to protect her, even though at the start I didn’t know the extent of what she had been through and I really just wanted to sit with her with a cuppa and have a good gab. I found her to be really easy to like and I really just got behind her 100% from the start.

I loved the prologue of the book which gives us a glimpse of the first time Shannon met Cole on Scotland Street 9 years previously. The characters had an instant connection with one another and the intensity that was there carries straight into their meeting in the present day. I think that first meeting really sets the tone of the whole story; we already have a feeling that their relationship could be amazing.

Cole is a character we already know, although so far we have only seen him through the eyes of his sister and her friends in the first three books where Cole is just a teenager. We know that he is going to grow up being moulded into a smouldering, sexy Scottish lad after all he is being influenced by Cam, Braden, Nate and Adam! (If you’ve not met any of those gorgeous guys then you need to get yourself to Amazon!) In Fall From India Place – book four – we get another glimpse of Cole, this time from his best friend Hannah’s point of view where he has grown up a bit and has turned into a man who will protect his family as fiercely as the other On Dublin Street men and that is something that is so prominent in this story.

Cole is a really successful tattoo artist (I mean really?!?! Swoonarama) who just happens to be extremely gorgeous, kind, amazing and really just an overall great guy. He seems to be exactly the guy that Shannon needs to help her get through all of the crap she’s been handed and has been dealing with on her own. I loved that about him. I loved his ability to make her believe in herself and his ability to make her believe in love.

On one hand I’m sad to be reading about Cole all grown up because I didn’t want to feel like I’d left the other characters behind but in actual fact the rest of the gang appear throughout the story and have had such an influence on Cole that it’s easy to see their traits coming out in him. I love that we get to keep up with them too and see them all blossoming and having their own families.



I would love this series just to go on and on without ending ever! I am so in love with Sam’s writing style, her phenomenal female leads and her astoundingly gorgeous men. I cannot recommend this series enough! Buy them all, read them all and fall in love with absolutely everything about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...