Monday, 29 June 2015

Taking a break...

Last week my blog turned two, although I didn't celebrate it doing so. Since the end of 2014 I've been feeling a little out of love with blogging. I felt like it was taking over my life and if I wasn't reading I was thinking about reading and if I wasn't writing reviews I was panicking about when I was going to write them.

I decided at the start of the year to take a little of the pressure off myself and schedule posts on weekdays only but there was still quite a bit of pressure to make sure I could fill those slots with new reviews or features, interviews and blog tours.

I moved house 8 weeks ago and over the last few weeks I've been toying more and more with the idea of taking a break from blogging if not giving it up entirely. I moved in with my boyfriend, into our first home and we've been busy playing house and kidding on at being grown ups. Erin's Choice has been sidelined to cooking, housework and decorating our house and it feels like I'm definitely making the right decision to take a break before I fall out of love with my blog completely.

When I think back over the last two years I have made so many great friends, met some great people and had the opportunity to interview so many authors whose writing I have loved for a long time. I'd like to thank you for all of the support on Twitter or Facebook, for regularly having a look at the blog and for generally just being great people. (I still feel a bit star struck that I got to interview authors! Real live authors!)

I'm going to take a little break for 1-2 months until I decide what lies ahead for the blog. I'll still be around on Twitter though, so you can't get rid of me that easily.

Love to you all

Erin xx

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break from blogging Erin. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new house. Enjoy your domestic endeavours. Get back to reading again just for pleasure. That is what it is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break from blogging God bless when one door closes another opens keep ur head up keep ur heart strong, Rev Stan shaw

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...