Monday, 7 September 2015

Review of Win Me Over by Nicole Michaels

The bit on the back…

DANCE LIKE NOBODY'S WATCHING

Callie Daniels is a singular sensation. She owns and operates her own bakery, contributes to a popular lifestyle blog, and is the dance team coach at a local high school. She lives by her own design and desires. She's happy-and busy! Callie has too much to do to make dating a priority. Mr. Right will have to fit into her life when the time is right. . .

LOVE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER FELT IT BEFORE

Football coach Bennett Clark always plays by the rules. He knows that his new colleague Callie is off limits but she's so beautiful-and irritating!-that Clark can't get her off his mind. She wants him to participate in a charity dance contest, and won't take no for an answer. Soon, what begins as a festive athletic endeavor turns into a heated flirtation on and off the dance floor.

Could it be that the free-spirited Callie has finally found a way to melt Clark's tough-as-Teflon heart?


Firstly thank you to St Martins for approving me for a copy of this title via NetGalley. This is the second of Nicole’s books that I’ve read, the other being Blame It On The Mistletoe. Win Me Over is the second book in Nicole’s Hearts and Crafts series and although I know I’ve skipped book one I didn’t feel like I had missed too much as it’s about a different couple than the main characters in Start Me Up (book 1).

Callie and Bennett are the main characters in Win Me Over. I instantly liked Callie but took a little longer to like Bennett. Callie is, well, she reminded me of a Barbie. Dance Class come Bakery Barbie! Her feisty, sparky attitude shot off the page and I loved her confidence in her ability. I think this could get quite annoying in a character and could come across as arrogance if Callie wasn’t also a realist with dreams to chase just like the rest of us.

Bennett came across immediately as moody and grumpy but I suppose any man who finds himself backed into a corner might come across that way too. I got over my coolness towards Bennett quite quickly when it became clear that he was quite the hunk and his brooding nature doesn’t define all of him. The story is funny to watch unfold especially as Callie and Bennett get closer through their dance lessons.


I found this story to be an easy read and found that I just kept wanting to read more. In my mind I imagined it being set somewhere like the fictional town of Tree Hill with that small town community feel which is strengthened when the whole town comes together in the name of one of Bennett’s best basketball players. I enjoyed the story and I’m looking forward to starting Start Me Up. If you like Maggie McGinnis and Crista McHugh I think you’ll enjoy this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...