Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Review of Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren

The bit on the back…

Despite their rowdy hookups, Harlow and Finn don’t even like each other...which would explain why their marriage lasted only twelve hours.

He needs to be in charge and takes whatever he wants. She lives by the Want-something-done? Do-it-yourself mantra. Maybe she’s too similar to the rugged fisherman—or just what he needs.


Although the price is quite high for a kindle book it is completely worth it, just like the first book in the series Sweet Filthy Boy. It’s not completely necessary that you read them in order however, it does help as you get to see a little bit of the tension between Harlow and Finn before getting to know them in their own right.

I loved this book. From the moment I started until I clicked onto the last page I knew this was going to be my favourite of the series, the one I would re-read. My Beautiful Player (Christina Lauren’s Beautiful Series book 3) of the Wild Seasons series.

Finn is Harlow’s ex-husband, their Vegas wedding lasted as long as it took them to realise the mistake they had made as outside the bedroom they don’t even like one another. Yeah, right. The moment I started this I knew it was going to be a great love story. One filled with two passionate, sexy, fierce main characters, a great storyline and great writing that was going to keep me hooked throughout.

This is dual POV (massive winner) which is one of the first things I loved about Christina Lauren’s writing. Both characters have a fair amount of issues in their current lives but also in their past and it’s good to get their individual stories, feelings and thoughts directly from them. Finn is older than Harlow and sees things a little differently compared to her. He’s a little jaded but Harlow brings light and hope and love back into his life. He is also completely gorgeous. If I was Harlow I would love him just as hard as she does in the end.

Both characters find escape in one another when they are reconnected at their mutual friends store opening. The attraction and heat between the two of them is wild, dirty and explosive. I loved the scenes when the characters were together because their banter and chemistry is off the charts. They are both adamant that they don’t even like each other but you can see it changing as you read on. Finn is pretty closed off to emotions and is struggling to keep all the balls in the air with work and family. His maturity matches Harlow’s despite the age difference and Harlow is a great female character to read about. She’s straight down the line and is a complete go-getter. I loved that she goes after what she wants instead of waiting to be handed something on a platter.


 Although the ending of the story is predictable there are many ups and downs before you get to it. I actually feel like starting it again after writing this review! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...