Thursday, 29 October 2015

Review of Tempting the Best Man by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The bit on the back…

Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70's honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first...


Firstly thank you to Hodder & Stoughton for sending this out to me. I have wanted to read some of Jennifer’s work for over a year and when this little beauty came through my letter box I started it right away finishing it in one sitting!

I loved the sound of this blurb! It just screamed angst and tension and chemistry and I love the friends to lovers story line so I knew I was going to enjoy this. Madison and Chase have known each other since forever and they have a sizzling chemistry fuelled by a one-time blurring of the friendship line.

From the beginning and throughout there was the expected angst in the story with Madison and Chase being around each other constantly. It felt like Maddie was a little bit naïve and quick to jump to conclusions but overall she was easy to read about. I loved Chase’s cocky and flirty personality and the ribbing he got from his brothers about “being in love”.

The story is full of clichés and is pretty predictable with not much detracting from the main story line. I like the escapism that comes with an easy read after all it’s one of the things I love about reading, the one sticking point for me is the price - I don’t know if I would have paid £3.50 for only 130 ish pages.


 If you enjoyed this I’d recommend Courting Innocence by Kimberly Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...