Thursday, 10 December 2015

Review of Deep Blue Eternity by Natasha Boyd

The bit on the back…

Livvy is on the run. And she’s escaped to the one place nobody will ever find her.
But the isolated cottage isn’t empty. Her refuge is home to a troubled stranger, Tom, there for reasons of his own.

In the intimacy of the abandoned cottage, and the remote wilderness of the island, the electrifying connection between them is impossible to ignore. Both running from their histories and shielding dark secrets, their pasts catch up with them and collide in an unimaginable way.

Deep emotions and powerful chemistry face a painful battle with the tangle of lies, and scars of the past. When the truth emerges, hearts will be shattered.


Firstly, thank you to Headline Eternal for sending me a copy of this book for review. I’d never read anything by Natasha Boyd before but I would definitely read more from this author based on this book.

This story is all about Livvy and Tom. Livvy is seeking refuge in her Grandmother’s cottage in South Carolina but when she turns up expecting the cottage to be empty she finds she is isn’t the only one seeking refuge there.

There is not a single emotion left uncovered by this book. I felt raw after reading this because every single page I turned the words on the next one seemed to hit me right in every single feel. Livvy’s running away from her life but you don’t find out for a while exactly what’s happened to her that’s made her run. She recognises Tom but is never sure until much, much later in the book where she recognised him from. She’s skittish, plagued by nightmares and completely unsure of herself and who she is. The transformation in her character throughout and the journey she takes is heart-wrenching. At times I could empathise with her and at others I was at a complete loss to what Livvy was feeling as I couldn’t possibly imagine myself in her situation.

Tom is a very real character. Real in his guilt, real in his attempts to rectify everything he feels guilt for and real in his need to fix everyone around him. He allows Livvy the room she needs to heal and to find herself, although in doing this he doesn’t fully disclose who he is and all the way through the book I had an awful feeling about what was going to happen between the characters. I quickly deduced who Tom might be to Livvy and was on tenterhooks waiting for the big reveal. I love Tom’s part in her recovery and how his feelings develop for her.


I cried, I smiled and then I cried again. I am not exaggerating the level of emotions in this book because they are absolutely clear to anyone who reads this. I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of K.A. Tucker and Samantha Young. Yes. Pass me the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...