Monday, 18 January 2016

Review of November 9 by Colleen Hoover

The bit on the back…

Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon's last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Can Ben's relationship with Fallon - and simultaneously his novel - be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?




I’ve yet to come across a CoHo book that I haven’t loved. Bold, but true. November 9 is up there with the best of them although Ugly Love will always be my absolute favourite, which is quite coincidental when it comes to November 9 seeing as Miles and Tate make a cameo appearance in this book.

Colleen’s latest novel is all about Ben and Fallon. I absolutely loved the premise of this book where the characters only meet on the 9th of November each year and have no contact in between.

Be prepared – this book will break you. Particularly Ben and his profound ability to encourage self-worth and confidence back into Fallon. He also insists that she chases her dreams and lives her life for her the way she needs to, doing what she wants. I loved Ben’s character. He’s honest, loyal and his belief in Fallon is never failing. He never attempted to hide his feelings for Fallon and I really liked his openness.

The story is broken down into each November 9th instead of regular chapters and I think that made me want to read faster because I could feel the sense of anticipation for each year to come round building with every word I read. The intensity of feelings between Fallon and Ben threaten to overwhelm as you get swept up in their journey.

I honestly cannot recommend Colleen Hoover’s books enough. Every emotion is touched upon in this book and I had the tissues out more than once. This is one of those books I wish I could start again for the first time, and one I will always keep to re-read in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...