Sunday, 28 February 2016

Slimming World Sunday on Erin's Choice: Week 2

The last two weeks have been gains for me, and I'm expecting much the same from weigh in this week. I weigh in on a Tuesday night which is just close enough to the weekend to guilt me into being mostly well behaved. Most weeks. I don't have an excuse for the last couple of weeks. I've been overeating, not counting syns (thank goodness because I'd probably be disgusted) and basically eating anything I could get my hands on.

The last month or so I've been ordering my groceries online so I've just had a brand new delivery and have my meals planned for the week ahead. One of the common misconceptions I always hear bandied about regarding healthy eating, whether you follow a specific diet or not, is that it's expensive. At first I was a little worried about going back to SW that our food shopping bill would end up like tripling or something. However, our usual weekly shopping bill is now between £50-60. That's mostly food but often includes other household items too. This feeds us for a week and I always have spare from meals to go into the freezer. 

One way to cut the cost is to be a savvy shopper and hit up the whoopsie aisle for bargains. This week, the dreaded week before payday, we ate mainly meals from the freezer and one of the dinners we had was a whoopsie bargain. 


This was sweet chilli chicken made with sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, garlic, chillies and ginger. We bought the chicken thighs for half price so the whole meal between the two of us (excluding store cupboard items) was less than a fiver. Can't argue with that! 

Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...