Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Review of Sleepless In Manhattan by Sarah Morgan

The bit on the back…

What if the person who broke your heart, is the only one who can help you find your future?

Great friends. Amazing Apartment. An incredible job. Paige has ticked off every box on perfect New York life checklist. Until disaster strikes and instead of shimming further up the career ladder, Paige is packing up her desk.

Her brother’s best friend Jake might be the only person who can help her put her life back together. He also happens to be the boy she spent her teen years pining after, and Paige is determined not repeat her past mistakes. But the more time she spends with Jake, the more Paige realises the one thing that was missing from her world all along. The perfect New York love story…


I am pretty certain there will never be a Sarah Morgan book that I won’t love. This was certainly no exception. Thank you to Harlequin for approving me for a review copy of this title via Netgalley. I couldn’t wait to get started so I dove in straight away.

The first book in Sarah’s latest series – From Manhattan With Love – is all about Paige and Jake. There are two storylines I will never get tired of reading. One of them is friends turned lovers, the other is the storyline in Sleepless in Manhattan and that is the whole in love with older brother’s best friend but said best friend can’t act on it out of loyalty to his friend. The storyline itself is inherently filled with tense, angsty moments where the chemistry between the characters practically zaps off the page like static. Sarah has out done herself with this one for me. I think this is my very favourite book of hers to date!

Paige and Jake’s history makes for a sexy and intense read. I kept waiting and waiting for that moment when they both gave in to their true feelings and when it finally did happen it was perfect - a rush of lust and pent up frustration pouring out in one single tryst. The story goes on from there where the undeniable connection forces the characters together.

Paige and her friends embark on their own business after getting the boot from their jobs. The story follows them through the initial start-up of their business where, with Jake’s help, they get their company off the ground. I really enjoyed reading about the business because it’s so different to what I do in my own career it felt like I was a part of their new venture.


Eva and Frankie are set to star in their own novels later in the year so it’s good to get a glimpse of their character and a hint of the direction their story might take. I can’t wait for the release of the next book already; I might even have to re-read this one in between then and now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...