Friday, 22 April 2016

Review of Make Me Forget by Beth Kery

The bit on the back…

Harper McFaddan has made her name as an investigative journalist by being both compassionate and fearless. After tragedy strikes her family, she moves to the shores of Lake Tahoe to find some peace. But when mysterious software mogul Jacob Latimer comes into her life, her thoughts turn from her own healing to an urgent need to get closer to him...

Jacob Latimer is the definition of a self-made man. The software entrepreneur built his corporation from nothing, but rumors abound about the shadiness of his rise to power and no one knows what secrets lurk in his past. Harper is the last person he should let into his life. As an investigative journalist, she's the one person who could expose his hidden origins. But Jacob knows things about Harper's past that make him irresistibly drawn to her. He wants nothing more than to make her his - and Jacob is a man who always gets what he wants...


Firstly thank you to Headline Eternal for the review copy of this title via Netgalley. This is the first part in Beth’s new 8 part Make Me serial. I loved The Affair and after I’d finished each installment I was desperate to read the next. I have a feeling I’m going to be the exact same with this until I read the final installment. I’d pre-ordered part two before I’d even finished part one.

This series is all about two main characters Harper and Jacob. At first the pair appeared to be strangers but as the beginning of the story unravels a little bit about the connection between the characters is revealed and all is not as it seems.

Harper and Jacob take turns with the narrative and it almost felt essential to have them both introducing the story. Jacob knows a lot more than he lets on in the first chapter but both characters are still pretty much a mystery with only a few snippets of the past that connects them, being revealed. Harper’s assessment of Jacob and the impact his mere presence has on her brings his character to life. He’s attractive, domineering, a man who gets what he wants and the way she describes how she feels by just being around him felt fiery and intense. I can’t wait to see where this is going to go because the chemistry between them is already on another level!

As an opener I can definitely say this had me hooked. Whenever I read anything of Beth’s I’m completely captivated by her writing. It’s clever, emotive and engaging and has me hooked right from the start. Beth has already created a longing in me to find out what’s going to happen to these characters after only 45 minutes to an hour of reading. I read it all in one sitting pretty much straight after I received the copy. I can’t wait to get into the rest of this series to see how the story will unfold around the characters and what obstacles they will face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...