Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Review of It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

The bit on the back...

SOMETIMES THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU IS THE ONE WHO HURTS YOU THE MOST.

Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. 

She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up – she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

   Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily, but Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing.
  
 As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan – her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.


Don't you just love it when one of you're favourite authors brings out a new book? The last 3/4 of Colleen's releases I've devoured in a whole day and this was no different. I started it pretty much as soon as it downloaded to my kindle and stayed up late that night so I could finish it. It was one of those cases where you can't wait to find out what's going to happen but at the same time you want to read it reaaaaalllllyyyyy slowly just so you can prolong the amazingness of it. As usual Colleen has hit it right out the park.

This book is all about main characters Lily and Ryle. The pair meet by chance and a shared need to escape their days bring them closer. After an intense first meeting the first part of the book continues, jumping forward 6 months. The first half of the book focuses primarily on the beginning of Lily and Ryle's friendship and gives an in depth insight into Lily's past, and her relationship with Atlas.

The story is at times difficult to read, if you've finished and have read the "note to readers" from Colleen you will know how personal this story was for her to write. Something she wrote in that note really struck me. She writes that she had fallen in love with Ryle within the first few chapters. To be honest so had I. I loved him from the moment he opened his cocky and honest mouth. I love the way he challenged Lily trying to break down all her rules and although I admired Lily for sticking to her guns I honestly would have folded from just their first interaction.

I cried and cried throughout this book. It's not a book that I can relate to personally but I can definitely empathise with Lily. Lily is courageous and strong and that comes through for the majority of the book. It's so easy to get swept up in the romance and the budding relationship between Ryle and Lily that you almost forget that inking of what was to come, that you had at the start of the book.


I love it when the author makes reference to the title of a book when I'm reading and I loved the way Colleen snuck it into this book. I always have Colleen's books on pre-order and that is something I don't think will ever change. My favourite of Colleen's will always be Ugly Love but this book certainly battles it out with Maybe Someday, November 9 and Confess for 2nd favourite!

1 comment:

  1. This book destroyed me! I absolutely loved it and cried my heart out at the end

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...