Friday, 28 October 2016

Author Interview - Alessandra Torre

Today I'm joined by New York Times Bestselling author Alessandra Torre. I've recently read and LOVED her sports romance novel Moonshot so I'm excited to share this interview with you!

Firstly a warm welcome to Erin's Choice, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your books?

Thank you for having me! A little about myself... let's see. I have written thirteen books, ranging from erotic romance to suspense. I blogged for Cosmopolitan.com for a year, and am working on a contemporary fiction novel now. I live in a tiny beach town in Florida, am married to a super-alpha, and have three dogs. When not writing, I love movies, reading, and spending time on the boat.


Can you give us a little background on the inspiration for Moonshot?

Sure! Moonshot was inspired by two things -- my love of summer baseball games (and men in baseball pants!) and my husband's history as a ballboy for the Minnesota Twins. I've heard so many stories of his time as a ball boy, and that was sort of my inspiration for writing Moonshot -- where a 17-year-old girl is a ballgirl for the NY Yankees. I loved the idea of a forbidden romance between a cocky superstar and a rebellious girl, one who didn't yield easily to his flirtation.  


Do you support a baseball team? If so, which?

I support several. :) I love the Yankees, and the Dodgers, and the Dallas Rangers.  


I really loved the story, it appealed to me on so many levels especially after attending my first baseball game recently - New Adult, Sports Romance with an added side of Suspense. If someone was picking this book up for the first time, how would you describe it for them?

It's a blend of several genres. It's a sports romance, but also a forbidden romance, and a second chance romance, PLUS there's a serial killer thrown in the mix, so it's got a lot going on. It's a standalone, all of my books are. A one-liner description of Moonshot would be...
Young love has to struggle fate, jealousy, and a serial killer -- all against the backdrop of Major League baseball.


If you could dreamcast Chase, what celebrity would he look like?

Probably Scott Eastwood. Or Jensen Ackles. :)  



One of the things that I ended up liking the most about this story was the suspense. I wasn't expecting it in the slightest and it kept me hooked throughout the story. How does Moonshot compare to your other work? And as a fan of this, what would you recommend I head for next?

Almost all of my novels have some thread of suspense in them. With Moonshot, it was an actual danger aspect, but with a lot of the others, it is more of a mystery - a piece of the puzzle that the reader is trying to figure out. As a reader, I hate to be bored by a plot, so I always try to add in some aspect that will keep the pages turning, and the readers glued to the story. 
After Moonshot, I'd suggest Black Lies or.. probably Sex Love Repeat. Neither of them have serial killers, but they have a mystery that you will LOVE trying to solve. :)  


Do you have a favourite character of your own? Would you swap places with them for a day?

My favorite character is Deanna Madden. I've written three books that star her (Girl in 6E, Do Not Disturb, and If You Dare). She's so freaking kickass, and I love being inside of her twisted head. Deanna is a recluse that obsessed over killing people. She works as a cam girl during the day, and has millions of fans -- she's like an internet superstar. I don't know if I would swap places with her.  I like popping in her head, but don't envy the demons she carries around. :) 


Who is your all time favourite author?

Probably Gillian Flynn. I also love JD Robb and Lisa Gardner.  


If you could swap places with a character (yours or otherwise) for a day, who would that character be?

Probably Summer from Hollywood Dirt. She's a country girl who collides with Hollywood's biggest star. I love the male character in that movie, and the setting of that book is so interesting. I would love to spend a day in that world. :)  


What inspired you to be an author?

Stephen King's book: On Writing. Prior to reading it, I had never even thought about writing. It was the stimulus to get me off of the reading couch and on the track to try and write my first novel.  


If you had one piece of advice for aspiring authors, what would it be?

Read On Writing by Stephen King. 
Save your money -- you will need some to invest in an editor, formatter and cover. 
Don't stress over every sentence. Just vomit the words out. You can clean and improve them later. 

Thanks so much for having me!



Click here to read my review of Moonshot.

About Alessandra 




A New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Alessandra Torre has written eleven novels, five of which have become #1 Erotic Bestsellers.
Her first book, Blindfolded Innocence, was a breakout hit, rising to the top of the ebook charts on Amazon where it attracted the interest of major publishing houses and garnered Torre her first print deal with Harlequin HQN. Less than twelve months later, Torre signed a second print deal, this time with Redhook (Hachette) for the Deanna Madden series, an erotic suspense series.
From her home on the Emerald Coast in Florida, she devotes several hours each day to various writing projects and interacting with her fans on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Happily married and with one son, she loves watching SEC football games, horseback riding, reading and watching movies.
Torre has four books slated for release in 2016.


Click here to read my review of Moonshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...