Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Review of Moonshot by Alessandra Torre

The bit on the back...

Baseball shouldn't be a game of life and death...

The summer that Chase Stern entered my life, I was seventeen. The daughter 
of a legend, the Yankees were my family, their stadium my home, their dugout my workplace. My focus was on the game. Chase...he started out a distraction. A distraction with sex appeal poured into every inch of his six foot frame. A distraction who played like a God yet partied like a Devil.

I tried to stay away. I couldn't.
Then, the team started losing.
Women started dying.
And everything in my perfect world broke apart.


This summer we took went on a West Coast USA road trip and part of that included a 4 night stay in San Francisco. We bought tickets to see the San Francisco Giants play against the Atlanta Braves and it being my first baseball game I wasn't sure what to expect, I didn't even really know the rules and how it all worked! By the end I was completely taken in! I absolutely loved it and it was one of the highlights of our trip so, when I spotted this on Amazon I knew I had to read it. I am so glad I did because just like my first baseball game I absolutely loved it!

Moonshot is all about main characters Chase and Tyler. Tyler is a daddy's girl and a huge baseball fan - which is also because of her superstar father. When Chase Stern joins the team there is an instant and electrifying chemistry between Chase and Tyler and as the story unfolds Alessandra throws in some great and unexpected plot twists which are sure to keep you hooked on every page of this forbidden romance.

The story is in two halves. The first half is set in 2011, four years before the second half, and focuses on the beginning of the relationship between Chase and Tyler. I really enjoyed reading the first stretch of the story with Tyler as a young woman just finding her feet when it comes to boys and relationships. This part of her life is something everyone will be able to identify with in some way and the chemistry between the two characters, and the angst that the idea of their relationship needs to be kept a secret creates is electric! Misunderstanding leads the characters in separate directions and we rejoin them 4 years later when they come back into each others lives.

I thought I had this story all planned out, but no. The author has thrown in some great plot twists and the pace of this story is relentless. I flew through it finding myself hooked and with the added suspense of the drama surrounding the club I couldn't wait for the story to unfold!


Make sure you check out my interview with Alessandra later this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...