Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Review of The Single Girl's To Do List by Lindsey Kelk

The bit on the back...

Rachel Summers loves a to-do list:

• Boyfriend
• Flat
• Great job

NOT on the list:

• Being dumped

Best friends Emelie and Matthew ride to her rescue with an entirely new kind of list – The Single Girl’s To-Do List. Rachel doesn’t know it, but it will take her on all kinds of wild adventures – and get her in some romantic pickles too. And then it won't be a case of what but who she decides to tick off…

• Mr. bendy yoga instructor
• Mr. teenage sweetheart
• Mr. persistent ex
• Mr. deeply unsuitable

The Single Girl’s To-Do List gives Rachel the perfect heartbreak cure – and proves love is out there if you’re willing to take a chance.


I have loved every single book of Lindsey's I've read. I've read and re-read the I Heart and Tess Brookes series'. This has been on my kindle for a while and I only recently got around to reading it because I wanted to read it before Always the Bridesmaid, which I've also had on my kindle since release day! On my recent holiday I started this and the streak of loving every one of Lindsey's books continued.

The Single Girl's To Do list is all about recently single Rachel Summers. Just when she thinks her life is on track for settling into adulthood she finds herself boyfriendless and everything she thought she knew about her life is all up in the air. And what else would a girl who loves lists do, than make a to do list?

Rachel and her best friends devise a plan to help her get over her break up by creating a list of things for single girls to do from simple changes to life adventures. The fact that the list was drunkenly written on a pub napkin might give you some insight to how the story is going to unfold! Emelie and Matthew help Rachel work her way through her list pulling out all the stops to get their friend back to her normal self. The list itself provides much of the hilarity throughout the book however each character, their quick quips and view of situations made the book for me.


Reading one of Lindsey's books, for me, is like talking to an old friend you've not spoke to for a while. It's instantly easy to lose yourself in Lindsey's sharp wit and great writing. I love her sense of humour and often find myself laughing out loud at brilliant one liners. In this book there is also a cameo from the I Heart series - Jenny Lopez! Only the best fictional best friend ever! If you've not read any of Lindsey's books before then what are you waiting on? This is a great stand alone title and it's definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...